Instrumental Software Technologies Inc. (ISTI) is a Saratoga Springs, NY based geophysics software company with a new opening for an entry level software engineer. ISTI prides itself in fostering a flat, egalitarian working environment where motivated and creative individuals have the latitude to grow their talents while creating critical monitoring software used by academic and governmental communities worldwide.
Our projects impact millions of lives worldwide via the work we do monitoring the environment for earthquakes, tsunamis, nuclear tests, etc. If you’re an intellectually curious, ambitious, and conscientious individual looking for the right junior level position, we believe this is the perfect job for you.
Here are the qualities we’re looking for:
- Integrity: We need someone who understands that the software that is developed will have an impact on the lives of tens of millions of people living within areas potentially vulnerable to tsunamis. This is not a job for someone who cuts corners
- Fast learner: the ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an aptitude for getting up to speed quickly with technologies and methods that they may currently be unfamiliar with.
- Analytical: The best candidate will have a solid background in mathematics and/or physics, and be able to demonstrate an ability to comprehend problems before attempting to implement a solution via code
- Team player: We aren’t necessarily looking for a ‘people person’, but we are looking for an individual with an ability to communicate effectively and efficiently with members of their team.
- Versatility: We promise that the candidate will be exposed to a wide range of technologies and ideas, we need someone who can adapt to changing requirements and the needs of the client
Here are the skills we’re looking for:
- Bachelors of Science or an equivalent level of experience combined with a demonstrated aptitude in core analytical skills
- Experience developing with C/C++, Python, and/or Java.
- Comprehension and experience with fundamental principles of object oriented design
- Experience in developing for the Unix/Linux environment
- Upper-level undergraduate math/physics coursework
- An ability to communicate effectively and generate descriptive and useful documentation
- A solid grasp on the fundamentals of algorithms used in numerical analysis
- Experience with an agile development methodology.
- Experience with developing software for signals processing
- An understanding of the nature of seismic wave propagation and source dynamics
- Top-notch health care with minimal employee contribution
- Salary: DOE
This position is in our Saratoga Springs, NY office.
To apply, please fill out our brief employment form.