Why Work at ISTI
Join ISTI in our mission to merge innovative software engineering with cutting-edge scientific research to become the premier provider of monitoring and scientific software solutions vital to the world’s safety. Known for its experience in earthquake, tsunami, and volcano monitoring; early warning systems and nuclear test and proliferation analysis, ISTI is an international company whose clients include some of the largest research institutions, government organizations, and companies in the world.
Believe in What We Do
We are passionate about our work and believe that it improves scientific research and helps save lives.
Empower Our People
The key to our success. Our employees have the freedom and support to do quality work in a friendly, stimulating environment.
Do the Right Thing
We strive to be recognized by our clients as honest and trustworthy, a principled company whose work makes a positive difference in the world.
What We’re Looking For
- Fluent in two or more of the following: C/C++, C#, JS/TS, Python, Java
- Employed as a full-time developer for 5+ years
- Knowledge of and experience with fundamental principles of object-oriented design
- Experience developing for both Web and Unix/Linux environments
- An equal ability to work independently and as part of a small development team
- An ability to communicate effectively
- An ability to generate descriptive and useful documentation
- Agile development methodology
- Test-driven development
- Experience using build automation tools: ie., Jenkins, Maven or Gitlab CI
- Database: Postgres, MySQL, SQLite
- Angular2+ (Angular 2 or 4), Angular Material Components
- D3.js, C3.js
- Python web development frameworks; Django and/or Tornado
- Java development frameworks: Spring and/or Hibernate
- C# development frameworks: Entity Framework and/or Web API
- Docker experience
This position is in Vienna, Austria.
To apply, please fill out our brief employment form.