Technical Writer Internship
Posted: June 9, 2017
ISTI is looking for a Technical Writer Intern for the summer of 2017. The successful candidate will work with ISTI’s Senior Technical Writer in two main areas: Creating user documentation for software written by ISTI’s software engineers and the other will be assisting ISTI management with Proposal Writing. This is a paid position.
- Create and maintain software documentation. Target audience for the documentation includes scientific end users as well as programmers and engineers
- Work with ISTI staff to gather information, and generate documentation to effectively communicate critical ideas and information
- Verify accuracy of information with subject matter experts
- Working on a Bachelor’s degree in English, English Literature, or a related field.
- Be able to create and maintain complete, accurate, clear and concise documentation
- Possess excellent writing skills including accurate spelling and grammar.
- Highly competent in the use of Microsoft Word, including that use of advanced document styles.
- Be able to interact with technical staff to learn new material and express that material clearly for the non-expert
- Work in a distributed team environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and be willing to learn new skills and embrace constructive criticism
- Self directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Microsoft Excel
- Interest in Computer Science, Geology, or both
Paid Position: Yes, Full-time summer of 2017
Location: Saratoga Springs, NY
Start Date: ASAP
To apply, please fill out our brief employment form.