Geophysical Software Developer
We are looking for an individual with a strong background (Ph.D.
preferred) in Seismology/Geophysics, and a strong background in
- A doctoral degree in Geology, Seismology or Physics.
- Experience programming in Seismology/Geophysics;
- Experience with seismological field work;
- Established record of geophysical scientific research;
- Experience with earthquake seismological instrumentation, data acquisition and routine data processing techniques;
- In-depth familiarity with the open-source professional software development cycle;
- Relevant working experience with UNIX and Linux environment
- Relevant working experience with SQL Databases (Oracle, SYBASE, PostgreSQL and/or MySQL);
- Custom software design experience;
- Excellent programming skills in at least 2 of the following languages: Python, Java, C/C++, PHP;
- Experience with network programming;
- Project management skills and experience;
- Knowledge of OpenSSL and OpenSSH a plus;
- Experience with writing and reviewing technical and research proposals;
- Availability for international and domestic travel.
- Ability to work in a small and dynamic scientific software
consulting company both independently and in small teams;
Instrumental Software Technologies, Inc. (ISTI) is a commercial Open Source software development company that specializes in writing custom software for the geophysical research community. Coding for academic, government and industrial clients, ISTI brings the reliability and support of commercial software to the open source world of research.